Stefan Thompson makes drawings and paintings with very particular materials. All paints are homemade with special care taken to ensure pigments, mediums and solvent are “nontoxic.” Paper and textiles are recycled. Beeswax is a strong component of the work.
Born in Ottawa, Stefan has been exhibiting for the last 9 years. Painting is an ongoing process of visual expression and material exploration.
- Art Rental and Sales, Ottawa Art Gallery – 2011
- Patrick Gordon Framing (Ottawa) - 2010
- Studio 16 ½ (Victoria) - 2009
- Gallery 16 1/2 (Victoria) – 2007
- Little Mountain Studios (Vancouver)-2007
- Wurm Gallery (Ottawa) – 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004
- Artguise Gallery (Ottawa) - 2003
- Atrium Gallery (Ottawa) - 2003